Construction Industry News Releases
| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(Construction.IndustryNews247.Com, September 30, 2019 ) Market Overview
• Millions of millions dollars are spent on glass cleaning in the world every year. Window glass cleaning, especially on sky high buildings, is a very risky, unsafe and deadly work. Self-cleaning glass will be a relief for these workers. Self-cleaning glass is a specific type of glass with a surface that keeps itself free of dirt and grime. Nanotechnology is used for the fabrication of this special glass in which an ultra-thin coating is applied to achieve the self-cleaning property.
• The field of self-cleaning coatings on glass is divided into two categories: hydrophobic and hydrophilic. The range is environmentally friendly and very easy to maintain. It has products which combine both self-cleaning and solar control properties, making them highly desirable amongst home-owners looking for the ultimate in glass solutions.
o The global Self-Cleaning Glass market size was worth USD XX million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
• Rising demand for self-cleaning glass in solar panels and increasing growth of the construction industry worldwide are the major factors impacting the market growth globally. Increasing the growth of the construction industry is the key driver for the growth of self-cleaning glass market. For instance, a recent survey of ENR’s top 400 contractors, as a group, revealed the firms generated USD 375 billion in contract revenue in 2017, compared to USD 366 billion in 2016—an increase of 2.1 %. Additionally, recent reports issued by Dodge Construction suggest that U.S. construction starts will increase by 3 %. Moreover, In the Middle East, according to Middle East Economic Digest, as on October 2018, U.A.E. stood with capital projects of USD 713 billion, while Egypt and Kuwait are the following two with USD 578 billion and USD 215 billion respectively in the construction industry.
• Adding to this, growing interest for eco-friendly glass products is the key opportunity for the self-cleaning glass market. Furthermore, the increasing demand for self-cleaning glass for usage on solar panels offers a huge opportunity for the market growth.
• Penetration rate is low in emerging countries is the key restraints hindering the growth of the market. Adding to this, the low effectiveness of self-cleaning glass in areas with low rainfall and less sun exposure is a major factor restraining the market.
• By application, the global self-cleaning glass market is segmented into construction, automotive windows, solar panels and others. The global self-cleaning glass market by application segment size was worth USD XX million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. The construction application segment is expected to hold the largest market share in the estimated period owing to the increase in the growth of the global construction industry.
• An increase in residential construction in the Asia Pacific and middle east countries is leading to the huge interest for hydrophilic self-cleaning glass. For instance, as per MEED, Saudi Arabia appears to be the most active player in the Middle East construction market. The total value of the Saudi Arabian capital projects is estimated to approximately USD 1.2 trillion. Furthermore, rising interest for advanced glass coatings for different purposes like energy effectiveness and self-cleaning is expected to drive the self-cleaning glass market in construction segment worldwide.
• By coating type, the global self-cleaning glass market is segmented into hydrophobic and hydrophilic. The global self-cleaning glass market by coating type segment size was worth USD XX million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. The hydrophilic segment is estimated to grow with a high CAGR rate in the forecast period. Hydrophilic self-cleaning glass is used in windows, facades, and solar panels, among others. Rising demand for self-cleaning glass for use in skylights, conservatories and rooftops is the major driver for the market growth. Companies are introducing new products with advanced solutions in the market. For instance, Ultra Hydrophobic Coating has introduced a nano coating solution, UHC-GC in the market. It is great for auto car windshield and window glass coating.
• The North America self-cleaning glass market size was worth USD XX million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. North America has grabbed major market share in the year 2018. The construction industry is one of the largest and most important manufacturing sectors in North America. The region's construction industry is focusing on accepting new inventions to sustain in the market. Furthermore, companies in North America are focusing to invest in the heavy construction projects which acts as a crucial factor for the growth of the Self-cleaning glass market. For instance, In August 2019, Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives, Inc. has announced a new wind energy project award valued at approximately USD 98 million.
• The Asia Pacific self-cleaning glass market size was worth USD XX million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Asia pacific is expected to grow with high CAGR in the estimated period. Increase in income and expenditure levels are the major reason for the growth of the market in Asia pacific countries. Varying user preference toward maintainable construction is driving the market for self-cleaning glass in Asia Pacific. Investments in the construction industry by the Asia Pacific economies is increasing in residential and non-residential sectors which is estimated to drive the self-cleaning glass market. For instance, as per Global construction perspectives and oxford economics, China will overtake the US as the world's largest construction market of the next decade.
• The Self-Cleaning Glass market is moderately competitive with existing players in the market.
• Some of the major players include Asahi Glass Co, Cardinal Glass Industries, Nippon Sheet Glass, Guardian Industries, Saint-Gobain, Foshan Qunli Glass Company Limited, PPG Industries, Inc., Wuxi Yaopi Glass Engineering Company Limited, ZNG Glass Company Limited, Dongguan City of East Pearl River Glass Company Limited and Australian Insulated Glass.
• Companies are concentrating on improving their product portfolios to grow in the self-cleaning glass market.
• The key players are adopting various key strategies such as product launches contributing to the growth of the Self-Cleaning Glass Market.
• In April 2019, Guardian Glass has introduced Bird1st UV coated glass bird-friendly glass solutions joining Guardian SunGuard® coated glass products combined with frit patterns and helps mitigate bird collisions.
View full sample report: https://www.datamintelligence.com/research-report/self-cleaning-glass-market
Download free sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/self-cleaning-glass-market
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866
Construction News by Sector
Industrial News TV