Construction Industry News Releases
| Submit Press Release
| Submit Website
(Construction.IndustryNews247.Com, September 26, 2019 ) Market Overview
• The Global Polyurethane Foam Market is valued at USD 43.60 Billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.46% in the forecast period 2019-2026 to reach a value of USD 71.80 Billion by 2026.
• Polyurethane (PU) foam is a synthetic polymer that contains urethane radicals. Polyurethane foam is used to provide insulation and protection of material against external sources that propagate corrosion. PU Foams can be found in mattresses, upholstered furniture and car seats. Its applications are virtually endless, ranging from small but essential items such as sponges in the kitchen, medical dressings to large filters and soundproofing systems that keep environment clean and quiet.
• Building improvements and upgrades with government support on energy efficiency, emergence of bio-based PU foams and rapid urbanization in developing countries are the major factors boosting the global Polyurethane Foam market.
• Bio based foams utilize sustainable crops like corn, soybeans, sunflower seeds, and even castor beans but it’s not like manufacturers grow a corn stalk and turn it into a mattress rather they utilize a portion of in this case corn as a key component in making of bio-based foams. Polyurethane foam manufacturers traditionally have used petroleum derived reactants called polyol and isocyanate. Over the years with the increase of crude oil prices, the higher costs have pushed technology forward. Today manufacturers are able to reduce cost and take advantage of sustainable resources.
• Resources like corn and soybeans play an important role. Foam manufactures have started taking some of the pressure off at least a portion of the crude needed to build flexible foams. Foam suppliers have been able to replace at least a portion of the petroleum-based polyols with renewable soy-based polyols. In order to make traditional flexible PU foam, petroleum-derived reactants called polyol and isocyanate, are needed. Now that the price of crude oil has increased the cost of PU reactants have as well, bio-based polyol substitutes for the petroleum-based polyols are a cheaper alternative. Vendors in the market claiming that using soy in polyurethane foam production results in fewer greenhouse gas emissions, requires less energy, and could significantly reduce reliance on petroleum.
• Many companies are jumping on the bandwagon, advertising their green program of using foam cushions with “20% bio-based foam” which is expected to create huge market opportunities in the forecast period.
• However, stringent regulations imposed by various organizations and health hazard on use of TDI and MDI as a raw material in production of PU foams are the crucial factors which might impede the growth of the market in the forecast period.
• Based on the type, the global Polyurethane Foam market is segmented in to flexible foam, rigid foam and molded foam.
• Based on the application, the market is segmented as bedding and furniture, building and construction, electronics, automotive, others.
• The construction sector is dominating the market demand globally as these thermoplastics are being used for insulation and flooring & roofing applications in construction sector on a very large scale. Emerging countries like India, South Africa, Thailand and others are key players in the usage of these plastics for construction. Rigid foam has unique insulating properties that make it deal for walls and roofs for new homes and when re modeling an existing home. With heating and cooling costs amounting to 56 percent of the energy used in the average American home (according to the U.S. Department of Energy), rigid polyurethane foam can save money while maintaining uniform temperature and reducing noise levels. Polyurethane building materials add design flexibility to new-home and re modeling projects.
• The growth of the global building and construction industry is key attributing factor for promoting the growth of this segment. Rising investments coupled with lucrative business opportunities in the real estate sector are the main causes for the commercial building and construction industry to grow.
• The Global Polyurethane Foam Market is segmented into
• North America,
• Asia Pacific,
• South America
• Middle East
• and Africa.
• The global polyurethane foam market is competitive with the large number of regional and international players. The companies are competing based on the price, product specifications, and market presence.
• The global polyurethane foam market share is characterized by competition based on prices and service provided to clients. Major industry participants are based in the U.S. and China. Major companies include Dow chemical company, BASF, Covestro AG, and Lanxess AG. The major focus of these companies is to achieve lower prices and to develop products with niche application and their investments are driven in the same direction.
• For instance, on August 01, 2018, BASF SE launched a new series of PU based systems in the Elastoflex® E product group, with significant weight reductions and foam densities of around 120g/L without sacrificing any of the unique characteristics of the product.
• Moreover, in April 2018, FXI product portfolio launched new innovative foam products as AEROFONIC®, HYFONIC™, HYFONIC™NATURAL, QYLITE™, DURABSORB™, PYRELL™, ARESTO™, SIF®.
View full sample report: https://www.datamintelligence.com/research-report/polyurethane-foam-market
Download free sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/polyurethane-foam-market
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Data M Intelligence
Tel: +1 877 441 4866
+1 877 441 4866
Construction News by Sector
Industrial News TV